Vintage Stampin' Ink Refills Available as Write-in Items
October 1, 2011 Vintage Stampin' Ink refills for the ink spots included with the Distressing Essentials kit are now available as write-in items.
- 125731 Tea Stain Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125732 Charcoal Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125733 Mahogany Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
- 125734 Navy Blue Vintage Stampin' Ink refill $4.95 US/$5.95 CA
Re-inking a Vintage Ink Spot is different than re-inking a Classic Stampin' Pad or Spot. To create a distressed, aged appearance, a Vintage Ink Spot should be drier than a Classic Stampin' Pad. When it's too dry--that is, the ink applies more lightly than you like on your projects--you should re-ink the Spot. To re-ink your Vintage Ink Spot, do the following:
- Using the eyedropper in the Vintage Ink Refill, apply ink one drop at a time in equal, thin stripes on the pad. Do not saturate the pad; it needs to be drier than a Classic Stampin' Pad. Let the ink settle into the pad for a few minutes before continuing.
- Using the edge of a credit card, drag the ink diagonally across the pad from corner to corner. This will ensure that the ink is heavier in some places than others, which is necessary to create a distressed appearance.
- Blot lightly with a paper towel to remove excess ink.
You may order from my Stampin' Up! website 24/7 by CLICKING HERE, then click on Shop Now or by contacting me directly. My e-mail link is at the top of the screen.
Stampin' Up! Senior Supervisor, Independent Demonstrator & Creative Coach
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)