Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, April 22, 2010

String Art - WOW


In yesterday's blog post I showed you a "Thread Art" card I made using regular sewing thread. I really liked it but wanted more dimension to the look. Today I purchased regular embroidery thread/floss, large eyed needles with thin shanks, and a needle threader that handles 3 types of thread. I was thrilled with the results of using the embroidery thread. I did not take apart the strands, use the whole strand. I believe there are 6 threads per strand.

I used Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry Card Stock. Then used a lighter version of embroidery thread of each color. I threaded the purple thread first then the curry. I love the result, but if I was going to do it again would put the curry thread in first.

I put brads in the corners. The tiny flowers are made with the NEW (May 1, 2010) Itty Bitty Shapes Paper Punch Pack (item #118309) for the scallop shape and my Crop-A-Dile (item #108362) using the 1/8" circle punch.

I threaded the hat pin with clear teardrops, clear round beads, and white pearls thru the embroidery threads. Attached with a small glue dot to stabilize AND also an end cap on the hat pin. Isn't the hat pin fabulous!!! The Pretties Kit (item #109114) has these accessories plus silk flowers in numerous shapes and styles.

If you decide to make and mail this type of card, be sure to mail it in a padded envelope so that it will go thru the mail with no problem. It will also require extra postage. Wouldn't this be a perfect card for Mother's Day.

Just a reminder: If you LOVE the Crushed Curry, order the card stock, ink, ribbons etc soon as they will be retiring this color as of 1 July 2010.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

2 comments:

Nita's World Handmade said...

Interesting card Mary.

Lisa said...

Wow Mary! Very pretty card! I haven't done string art since my childhood. You really thought outside the box to combine it with Stampin' Up! Fantastic!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin