This beautiful background is made using glossy white paper, a folded baby wipe, and 3 colors of Stampin' Up! In Refills.
Added in stamped images, ribbon, and a sentiment tag. Doesn't it make a great card. I'm so pleased with the results. This is my first time using this technique. It was easy to do.
1. Score your card base at 5 1/2". Fold with bone folder and set aside.
2. Cut a piece of glossy white paper (item #102599) 3 3/4" x 5"
3. Fold the baby wipe a couple of times, put drops of ink on the folded edge. I used 3 colors and put them in sequence from left to right (Bashful Blue- item #105221; Pretty in Pink - item #102295; and Certainly Celery - item #105230). Wipe across the paper. You may need to move down and wipe again to cover the complete piece of paper. Allow to dry.
(NOTE: You will get ink on your fingers. I always work with plastic and paper towels under my glossy paper too just in case of spills, leaks, or excess moisture).
Basic Black, Classic Ink .. item #101179 was used for the stamped things in the following steps:
4. I used 2 step stamping for the tree/ground and the wolf. The stamp set I used is called Nature Silhouettes, item #111542. Two Step Stamping Technique Tutorial can be seen HERE. Stamp the tree image first, then the wolf.
5. Attach the 5 1/2" piece of Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon, item #117292.
(Use Sticky Strip, item #104294).
6. Stamp the sentiment on the piece of Dusty Durango Card Stock (1 1/4" x 3"), item #115321. Use the Tag Corner Paper Punch, item #107215 on all 4 corners. Put 4 dimensionals, item #104430 on the tag and center on the ribbon.
7. Using Sticky Strip, item #104294 attach your background piece to your card base.
Card is now complete.
The baby wipe technique is a great way to create sunsets, sunrises, and beautiful color combinations. I hope you will try this technique to see what you can create.
It is easy to order 24/7 for any Stampin' Products you might need. CLICK HERE and then click on Shop Now to place your order.
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)