Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, July 18, 2009

How to Remake A Card - Tutorial




I try to be very cost effective in my purchases. I found some wonderful boxes of cards with lined envelopes last week at Big Lots ... 40 for $2.00. They were high end cards with envelopes. I just knew that I could "remake" them once I got them home. Remake means that I redid them with my own embellishments, stamped images, cut-outs etc to make the card my own. The original card is base of my new card, and the envelope remained the same. The envelope definitely could be stamped, chalked etc to change its look too.

The first image above is the card and the cut out images I used. You can see the original card had a daisy and THANK YOU written on it. By arranging the cut-outs I was able to use the center of the daisy as my flower center and also cover the THANK YOU with the flower petals.

I used a liquid adhesive to attach the cut-outs to the card base. I also punched out five 1/2" circles with my Stampin' Up! 1/2" paper punch to accent the scallops at the bottom of the card.

I used Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, and Crushed Curry cardstock for my cut-outs. The Flower Daisy cut-outs were done with my Big Shot using the Flower Daisy #2 BigZ die. I cut out 1 die with each of the 3 colors for the layering. BixZ Flower, Daisies #2 is item #114520 from Stampin' Up!
Use your imagination, there is so much you can do to remake an existing card. I'm sure you have paper punches, maybe a Big Shot, a paper cutter so that you could cut accent pieces, or ??? Don't limit yourself with what you can do .. let your imagination guide you and lead you to success with this project.

Just a reminder that if you need any Stampin' Up! products, I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and would be happy to help you with your order.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

5 comments:

Enfys said...

What a bargain! You did a great job remaking them
hugs
Enfys

~ Lorrie ~ said...

Great job! Very creative!

Nita's World Handmade said...

Very,very nice card!! You did a great job on this.

- - Sheryl - - said...

Love this card and the colors you used. What a great idea to re-purpose store bought cards. I bought some from Target in the clearance section to save for future use.

Ter said...

what a great idea!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin