Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Joseph's Coat Technique

Tonight while going thru some tutorials on Splitcoaststampers.com, I came across one called Joseph's Coat. It intriqued me, so I had to try it.

Here's the link to the tutorial on-line:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/josephs_coat/

Some tips:
Use a high gloss paper ... regular paper will warp.
Images with more filled in areas will show more color thru the black.
You don't need the rainbow ink pads. I used paper towels and randomly colored in.
Be sure you tap firmly to get the embossing powder excess off the card.
DO NOT use a paper towel at the end as suggested in the tutorial. It will put scratch marks across the paper and designs. Instead use the brayer without reinking to smooth it all out and expose more of the colors.

I'm going to use the above pieces as accent pieces on a card I think.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

3 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

That is so cool!! The finished product is stunning.

Dot said...

Very nice. Thanks for posting your tutorials on your blog. Check out my blog. I've left an award for you.

Lisa said...

Mary that is a way cool technique! You make it seem so easy. Thank you for a great blog and taking the time to teach not only me and others!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin