Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Almost Sunday

Hi,

It's been a busy day, and now it is almost midnight. Purchased a new camera today that really should help with my tutorials and videos (yes, videos). My new tiny Canon camera takes HD videos, so I am looking forward to actually giving it a try. I spent the evening taking photos, deleting them, taking more, deleting, trying out the flash, trying out the auto focus, etc. So much fun and appears to have a pretty easy learning curve for the camera.

It was 90 degrees here today. We are bound and determined NOT to turn on the air conditioner just yet.

Last night I started cutting my paper stash (huge box of non-Stampin' Up! papers that I bought ages ago). I'm cutting all into 6" x 6" pieces for fronts of cards and designs. This size is perfect to run thru the Big Shot die cutting machine also. It's funny, when the sheets were 12" x 12" I couldn't decide what to do with them, HOWEVER when I downsized them I began seeing more and more possibilities. My 8 1/2" x 11" paper I leave intact, then when I am ready to make a card I cut it in 1/2 to make a sheet 4 1/4" x 11". When you fold that you have a perfect 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded card that will fit into an A2 envelope perfectly.

I do like the quality of the Stampin' Up! paper better. It is perfect for cards and a thick paper. I use the DSP (designer series paper) for accents on the cards. DSP is lighter weight than our solid color paper. I've created a good stash of Stampin' Up! paper too. My goal eventually is to only use the Stampin' Up! paper because I like it better.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Mary

No comments:

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin