Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun With Fabric: 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 Box

Last night after I was done prepping for my classes today, I decided to try a fabric box. I am pleased with the results. The fabric used is not Stampin' Up! as this was my practice box, so I wanted to use some scraps before I used my beautiful Stampin' Up! Designer Fabric. All other products with the exception of the candy (LOL) are Stampin' Up!. When the box turned out so nice, I knew I had to share.

Front view ... completed box filled with snack size bars and shredded silver waffle paper.

Notice how I used the Tasteful Trim BigZ XL Die for the Big Shot to trim the top of this box.

The 5/8" Satin Ribbon was a perfect accent too. The bow was made by wrapping the ribbon all the way around the box, then tying a square knot (left over right & under ... right over left & under ... pull tight, then trim).

Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Basic Black Card Stock, item #
5/8" Satin Ribbon, Real Red, item #117286
BigZ XL Die Tasteful Trim, item #120893
Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (Twelve 12 x 12 sheets), item #120805
Waffle Paper (Assortment - 1 Metallic Silver, 1 Metallic Gold), item #120984
Sticky Strip, item #104294

I plan to try this a bit more with the Stampin' Up! Designer Fabric, so stay tuned for more ideas. The adhesive sheets do not say they are made to work with fabric. I got an acceptable hold with it by sticking it to card stock first, then attaching by fabric and pressing down hard over the whole piece. When you score, you score the card stock side. Sticky strip is a MUST HAVE item to get the pieces to stick together. The pieces are attached first to the card stock side ... it will make the assembly of the box so much easier.

The basic 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 box I used a tutorial by Janine Tinklenberg that I found on-line. I wanted it to be an open top box, so added the Tasteful die cut to the top.

Mary Director
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

1 comment:

craftysahmiam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin