Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Polka-Dot Ribbon Card - Quick Tutorial

I am a follower on a number of blogs. There is so much inspiration that I can spend hours blog hopping. Here is one of the blogs that I visit often. Her card today was an inspiration to me.

http://www.mychicnscratch.com/2009/07/34-polka-dot-grosgrain.html

My version is pictured above. This is white base is one of the MS cards that I got at Big Lots a little while ago. It is fun to see what you can do to change the look of a card, and add to it. I'm very pleased with the results.

To make the above card was fairly easy ... I took one of the MS Big Lots cards as my base. Using the Scallop punch, I centered it between the top of the card and the top of eyelet border. Then I brought the punch in as far as it would go, then punched.

Because the card said Thank you, I covered that with red paper trimming out part of the scallop (it doesn't have to be perfect, the ribbon covers it up). Tied the ribbon around the red piece of paper and knotted the bow instead of tying it. You have to manipulate the bow a bit to get the polka-dots to show. Then using Scor-Pal double sided tape, I adhere the red piece down to the card.

Used a sponge with Real Red Stampin Up Classic Ink to highlight the scallop and the outer edges. The cicle is real red cardstock (1 3/8" circle). I used a Stampin Up Uniball White Gel pen for the white accents and the HELLO.

The ribbon is 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (item #115608)


Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

No comments:

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin