Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, January 1, 2010

Valentine Mailbox Mini Tutorial

As promised, here is the mini tutorial for the Valentine Mailbox. Cindy Gilbraith gave me the inspiration to make one of these.


This is the photo of my completed mail box. I have only found these metal mailboxes at Target in the $ section. They come in white, red, and pink and can be a bit difficult to find at times. If you come across them, buy them right then because when you go back they may be gone.

Tips for this project:
4" x 12" piece of paper to cover the body of your mailbox
4" x 12" piece of paper to cover the ends of your mailbox
two 12" pieces of ribbon to wrap around the doors
three pieces of 6" ribbon for the bows
Misc scraps for hearts etc on the mailbox
White Unigel pen to highlight hearts
Lots of Sticky Strip
Tom Boy Multi-purpose glue

Already to get started.
I outlined two lids on the paper and then cut out inside of the lines. Otherwise the paper will be larger than the lid.

Lids cut out and ready to go.

I placed (not glued) the paper over the mailbox and marked with pencil where the flag joint is.


Punch out the pencil mark area using your 1/2" paper punch.

Cut with your paper snipes so it will fit around the flag.
I used sticky strip to attach the paper to the body of the mail box. It will overlap a little bit on the bottom of the mailbox.

Using Tom Boy multi-purpose glue, I attached the covers for the two lids on the ends. Then used sticky strip to attach the 12" pieces of ribbon around the edges.


I tied 3 ribbon bows on the flag bar. Each ribbon piece was 6" long. These were done with knots. If you are going to make true bows, then you will need longer pieces of ribbon.

I punched out 2 hearts with our lg heart paper punch, highlighted them with the white gel pen, then attached to the flag.


Here's the mail box finished and filled with Hershey Nuggets. The new HUGS Love Notes (#118778) along with the Rectangle Glassine Envelopes (#117227) in the Occasions Mini catalog are a perfect fit for a note inside of the mailbox. The notes and envelopes can be ordered as of January 5th.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

2 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

That's adorable!! Thank you for the tute, these would make wonderful gifts for my girls school friends!!
Hugs ♥ Teresa

Mary Director said...

Teresa and you can often find the mini mail boxes in PINK, your favorite color too. I really think the mail boxes are great year round. I'm planning to make them for other occasions too. I thought they might be cute as a business card holder too.

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin