Above is a beautiful projects from Stampin' Up! called a Memory Keeper, Memory Board, or French Memory Board. It will hold numerous photos, mementos, or cards. It looks fairly easy to do too. I thought it would be a great project to pass on to you.
Here's the items you need and the instructions on how to make it:
- Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon, item #115612
- Linen thread
- 5/8" Jumbo brads, item #112533
- Sizzix Big Shot, item #113439
- Lattice Bigz die, item #115958
- Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, item #114507
- 18" x 18" artist canvas
- Background fabric (2/3 yard)
- Push pins
- Adhere background fabric to canvas.
- Die cut lattice shapes from fabric using Big Shot and Lattice Bigz die. Adhere to fabric in rows.
- Adhere Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon to fabric in crisscross pattern. Attach 5/8" Jumbo brads where ribbon intersects. Adhere Soft Suede polka dot grosgrain ribbon around outside edges of canvas.
- Die cut six large and six small butterflies using Big Shot and Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. Create double-sided butterflies by adhering butterflies together, resulting in three large and three small double-sided butterflies. Tie linen thread around the middle leaving two long ends for antennae. Attach butterflies to canvas using push pins.
I haven't made this yet, but would love to make one. It would be perfect for displaying my cards.
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)