I'm having fun with the Big Shot Top Note die. Isn't the quilted look amazing!!! It is so easy to do too. It is called Faux Quilt Technique.
1. Take a 6 x 6 inch piece of paper.
2. Punch out sixteen 1 1/4" squares.
3. Glue the squares to your 6 x 6 paper. Cover 100% of the paper with glue, this is important as you want the square to be secure on the base paper.
4. Allow the quilt glued pieces to dry.
5. Put the paper thru the Big Shot using the Top Note Die (item #113463)
6. Using a Stampin' Basic Black Marker, put tiny Xs on the connecting paper lines. The Xs gives it the hand stitched look.
7. The sentiment was stamped using the Tote-ally Tess stamp set (item #117076 - wood mount OR item #118595 - clear mount) and was punched out using the Tag Punch (item #105934)
I think this is a technique/style that I will use more often. It is a great way to use up scrap paper too.
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)