Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rag Purse - Using the Big Shot


Isn't this purse amazing .... the scallop squares for it were cut out with my Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! exclusive BigZ clear die "Stampin' Up! Scallop Square". It just took me a couple of hours to make. I used 3 different fabrics and even the button is from Stampin' Up!. It is Real Red Designer Button from the button set called Playground. It was a perfect match for all the bright colors in my purse.

Now I can't take credit for this purse idea ... I want to personally thank Angie Kennedy Juda for her wonderful directions and videos on her Chic'n Scratch blog. I've never had success before with quilting and truly had given up the thought that I could make a quilted item myself. Well, I know how to use the Big Shot and I LOVE IT plus I know how to sew a seam/straight line so decided to give it a try. The purse is reversible too is you don't want the ragged edges to show. The inside has straight hidden seams, so you could easily turn it inside out if you needed the purse to be a bit more dressy. I like the rag edges too, so it makes this purse very versatile.

Stampin' Up! Items Used:
Designer Buttons ... Playground, item #116313 on Pg 181
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, item #113439 on Pg 194
Stampin' Up! Exclusive BigZ clear die, Scallop Square, item #115950 on Pg 199

I won't list the sewing items needed, they are listed on Angie's site. I was amazed at how many layers of fabric I could cut with the Big Shot. Now I would love to make a rag quilt .... hmmm, if I do I could do knots with our designer buttons too to tie the quilt. Oh so many ideas, so little time ... LOL.


Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi! Do you have to use the CLEAR scallop square die or can you use the regular scallop square die to cut the fabric?

angie said...

Darling purse Mary!! They're so much fun you just can't stop with one :)

Mary Director said...

Susan, I would think either should work. Stampin' Up! has the exclusive on the Clear Scallop Square and the measurement is approximately 4 1/2 square (the cut out design. Isn't the regular scallop square tho much smaller? If yes, then you would need to revamp the directions because you would need to make more squares.

Lynn Avara-Stover said...

Mary,

This purse is GREAT - one more reason to consider joining Stampin Up!!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin