Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 2, 2009

Tea Lights - WOW

At our last team meeting, Julie Kahsin showed us how to make the Tea Light that is pictured in the middle. I had so much fun making it that I had to immediately go and order the Stampin' Up! Fancy Favor, item #115965. This is a BigZ XL die that is used with the Big Shot Die-Cut Machine. This is an "exclusive" die for Stampin' Up!.

Use the 1 3/4" Circle Punch, item #112004 for the openings.

Any stamp set could be used for the image that has been stamped on a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of White Vellum Card Stock, item # 101856. When you stamp the image, be sure to stamp firmly and remove the stamp straight up. On vellum, there is a greater chance of smearing and it does take a bit longer to dry. I used Classic Ink with great success. I used the Basic Black classic ink. The stamped image faces outward and if you want to color the image in do it from the back.

On the red tea light holders, I used the remnant paper that was scalloped to accent the holder. It was a perfect fit and I accented using a sponge dauber (item #102892) and Platinum Shimmer Paint (item #116807).

The Tea Lights are so versatile, they can be used for any occasion with just a change of color and image. They also could be filled with candy, confetti, tissue paper to make it a little bag of goodies.

DO NOT use a real candle in them, they are paper and flammable. I used a battery operated tea light that you can find at most stores.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Very cute! I love these!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin