Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Treat Boxes - Product Review

I've been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator now for over a year. I have to admit there are a few products I haven't tried and the Treat Boxes were one of them. One of my customers ordered some for the holidays, and I decided it was time I tried them too. They are a winner in my book. Here's my overview/review of them:

Treat Boxes
Item #115690
Approx Dimensions: 4 5/8" x 2 3/8" x 6 1/8"
Color of Boxes: Combination of Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa
5 per package ... $3.95

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Treat Boxes are coated, food-safe boxes for gifts and all kinds of treats. Boxes ship flat, ready to assemble. They are really easy to put together as they hook into place. No adhesive required unless you were going to put something heavy in it.

As you can tell, I jumped in feet first to get ready for the holidays. I made ten of the Treat Boxes and a dozen Votive Holders (with battery candles). The Treat Boxes are filled with candies and small gift items for friends.

I decorated each of my Treat Boxes with ribbon, a brushed silver star and modern label punch with Merry Christmas sentiment.

The above photo was to show you the box by itself in a bit of a close-up. Wouldn't they be wonderful filled with homemade fudge or cookies !!! They are perfect too for any type of small gift and you will be amazed at how much they can actually hold.

They do have a hand/finger handle in them ... I covered mine on the front with the ribbon since the items are light weight and both handles were not needed for this Treat Box that I filled. If you look close you will see a slit in the fold over part, that is what holds the Treat Box together. If I had used a more narrow ribbon, I could of placed it between the slit and the handle easily.

I feel this is another item that could be used year around, not just for the holidays.

I used the Large Star Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Teeny Tiny Wishes, 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Real red, and Very Vanilla Cardstock.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net/
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

No comments:

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin