Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Altered Spiral Notebook plus Sneak Peek

This weekend I came across a great deal on notebooks, so picked up a few. Decided that I was going to learn how to make an altered notebook. I've seen so many beautiful ones, and knew that I could make one too.

This is a standard 8" x 10 3/4" school spiral notebook. It has 70 pages of paper in it, and you can find them at most stores. I gently tore out the first sheet of paper and used it as my template marking all of the holes with a pencil and then punching them out with my Crop-A-Dile. Then you cut into the hole from the side with scissors so that it will slide over and fit the spiral part.

I decorated the new cover AFTER I had attached to the original cover. With the next one, I will decorate the background first then attach. By doing it first, you cover the white edge. I don't think it is really noticeable but I know it is there. I adhered the new and original cover together using sticky strip which gives a great bond. I ran it along the edges and just a bit in the middle too.

All products used were Stampin' Up! with the exception of the notebook.

Colors I used were: Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, and Pear Pizzazz both for the card stock and the classic inks.

Background was created using Basic Black Classic ink on Whisper White card stock. Stampin' Jumbo Wheel used: Petite Petals, item #120322. I used the Background Whimsy Technique and also highlight certain areas of the design using our Uni-Ball Signo Gel Marker, item #105021. It truly is an opaque white that gives great coverage.

Did you notice the Sneak Peek Item???? Look closely at the Monogram ... we have a brand new 2 1/2" Extra Larger Circle Punch, item #120906. It will be $16.95 and will be available as of September first.

Monogram accent piece made with:
2 1/2" Circle Extra-Large Punch, item #120906
2 3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large Punch, item #118874
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Extra-Large Punch, item #119854
1 3/8" Circle Large Punch, item #119860
Broadsheet Alphabet Stamp Set, item #118724 - Wood OR #120585 - Clear Mount.

I absolutely LOVE this. I used the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, item # 119277. Then I accented it using Stampin' Up! Jewels called Basic Pearls, item #119247.
Aren't they just the perfect fit for this piece. They are "half-back" pearls and there are 150 in the package. 50 each of 3 sizes: 5mm, 3mm, and 2mm. Each has an adhesive back. I, for one, am planning to order a few packages of these and the Basic Rhinestones, item #119246 (pearls or rhinestones package is only $4.95).

I can see this design on a wedding or anniversary card and the pearls give it that extra elegant bling.

I decided that I would like a pocket on the inside of the notebook. So basically did the same thing as the cover, except for only 1/3 of the page. Used the Scallop Edge Border punch, item #119882, to accent it. Attached on 3 sides using Sticky Strip.

Wouldn't this make a great teacher gift or gift for a co-worker? I'm planning to make a number of them as gifts this year.

Stampin' Up! has the best quality products and such a wide range of products too. If you have any questions, please let me know (e-mail link at top of this page). If you would like to place an order, you may order 24/7 at my Stampin' Up! website by clicking HERE then click on shop now or by contacting me directly.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea Mary, especially the pocket on inside cover. So many possibilities. Gotta try it.

Betty H

Hey this works:-)

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous notebook Mary! I love the pocket on the inside cover. Very well done!!

JustYolie said...

Mary thanks for the idea! I purchased 6 of these on Sunday at Staples for a penny each! I will now be decorating them for my niece! Thanks again!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin