Today I made a mini gum holder that would be perfect for a stocking stuffer, to keep in your purse, store on your desk, or to give as a small thank you gift to someone. The idea for this is from Dawn Griffith.
I want to show you the photos first, then will post a mini tutorial for you on how to make this. The first photo above is of the cover.
You will use a slider type pack of gum and cut it in half which will give you 6 pieces of gum for this holder. In this photo the gum has been placed in the slot created using the Word Window Punch.
This photo shows the gum holder. Finished size is: 3" x 3" x 3/8"
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Just Believe Stamp Set, item #116948 - wood OR item #120453 - clear mount
Pumpkin Pie Card Stock, item #105117
Whisper White Card Stock, item #100730
Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink, item #105216
Stampin' Sponges (3 to a pack), item #101610
Sticky Strip, item #104294
SNAIL Adhesive, item #104332 (SNAIL Refill, item #104331)
Bone Folder, item #102300
2 3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large Paper Punch, item #118874
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Extra-Large Paper Punch, item #119854
1 3/8" Circle Large, item #119860
1. Cut piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock 3 1/4" x 9 5/8". Then score it at 3", 3 3/8", 6 3/8", and 6 3/4". Using the Bone Folder, crisply fold each score line. The 3" section is your gum holder top piece.
2. Attach sticky strip to the inside end of the bottom piece. Do not remove the adhesive yet. Using the word window punch, you will create the slot for the gum by punching it twice (actually will be equal to approximately 1 1/2 word windows in width. Be sure the paper is as far in as possible in the punch; punch; slide over; punch again. Be sure to leave an edge on each side. Now remove adhesive and bring the piece up into the holder to create the pocket. Keep the 3/8" edge as straight as possible so that it forms a box like bottom.
3. Punch out the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle in Whisper White Card Stock. Using a sponge section, sponge Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink around the edges.
4. Punch out the 1 3/4 Scallop Circle in Pumpkin Pie Card Stock.
5. Stamp the circle floral image from the stamp set, then punch out using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. The punch is slightly larger than the stamped image, so will leave a white area around it.
6. Using SNAIL adhesive layer the 2 scallop pieces and the circle piece. Now attach to the gum holder front using SNAIL adhesive.
7. Gently slide in the 6 pieces of gum into the slot, and you are now ready to use this as a gift.
You could also do a belly band for this holder or add in a small circle of velco if you wanted to keep the cover totally flat.
If you need any of the Stampin' Up! products to make this item, please order on-line thru my Stampin' Up! website by CLICKING HERE the click shop now OR by contacting me directly.
If you haven't tried Stampin' Up! products before, I know you will LOVE their quality and the variety that is offered.
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)