Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Background Whimsy Technique Samples



The other day, I did on overview on a technique called Background Whimsy. I had so much fun with it, that I decided to do more to show you. Here' the LINK for the original post.

As you look at the photos above you will notice that I used the same designs and colors, but that each background looks different from the other. I used my Uni-Ball Signo White Gel pen, item #105021 to highlight something different in each background. I also randomly daubed on color on each piece using Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink from Stampin' Up!. The design was created by using a Stampin' Wheel called Always in Bloom, item #113834 with Basic Black Classic Ink (which is waterproof) item #101179 on Glossy White Paper item #102599.

I know these backgrounds are going to be a WOW feature of the 3 cards I will make with them. I will post photos once the cards are done, but couldn't wait to show you these. I really hope you will try this technique.

Items from the brand new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog will be available for order as of noon today (mountain time). You may order directly from my Stampin' Up! website or by contacting me. If you go to my website (click here), then click on Shop Now. I am so excited about the new catalog, so many wonderful new items and great ideas/inspiration too.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

2 comments:

Janet said...

I have enjoyed looking at all your photos and reading about how you did them. It certainly is an interesting technique and one I will have a try at soon.

Janet xx

Jennifer Thomas said...

Following your blog now, please do the same to mine:

www.littleinkontheprairie.blogspot.com

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin