Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, July 9, 2010

Petal Card Extra Large Double Punch Ideas and Product Review

Stampin' Up! introduced a brand new paper punch this month that is called Petal Card Extra-Large Double punch. It is item # 119273 for $17.95. This punch needs to be used in the upright position. It does not have a view area on the bottom. Place it flat on the table with card stock in, then press once to cut and then a bit hard to emboss the lines for folds. This punch cuts and embosses .. isn't that GREAT!!!

This punch has caused a great deal of discussion among demonstrators and customers alike. It makes a cute little envelope type card that would hold a 1 inch design inside but what else can we do with it.

I work with it quite a bit yesterday and came up with some ideas. It helped that I also had the Big Shot BigZ Petal Card Die (now retired) and had done a tutorial for that earlier on my blog. Here's the link to that tutorial ... CLICK HERE I realized that whatever was done with the larger version should be able to be done with this version too.


This is a close up of the paper punch.


Tiny box made by gluing 2 of the cut-outs together.

Side view of the tiny box. It hold 1 creme saver.
Here's the miniature version of a 1 inch square box. Decorated with 1 inch designs. Next time will use more adhesive on the designs to have them lay flat. This box will hold 2 lifesavers that are individually wrapped.


Antoher view of the 1 inch box I made and decorated all 4 sides.

This is the tiny petal card you can make. Put in a 1 inch design or greeting in the base when it is opened up.

If you fold two sides, it make a cute heart with an opening. Opening is big enough to hold a quarter.

I used a roll of scotch tape for a size comparison to give you a visual on this.

Another visual, this time with a quarter on the left bottom of the photo.

Looking forward to see what others comes up with. I think it is cute and versatile. I think the boxes and tiny boxes would be hung from a table tree and decorated for different holidays and events.

I also heard discussion of taking the envelope and attaching it to the back of the tooth fairy stamped image (Tooth Fairy, wood mount only, item #119216 $7.95) and putting the child's lost tooth in it. Sounded like a great idea, don't you agree!

Have a great weekend. Remember you can order 24/7 from my Stampin' Up! website by clicking HERE and then click on Shop Now.


Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

5 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this link on Splitcoast! These are fantastic!!!!

xoxo

Maxine said...

I didn't get this punch, because I had no idea that you could do anything with it. I didn't see the pointe of getting it, but now I see!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I might have to buy it now.

Shannon said...

Thanks Mary! I just started following.
www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

Carey said...

I bought the punch because I loved the Hostess set Cute By The Inch. You have given me some really wow ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Noloa said...

Mine is in the mail to me now--thanks for the posting tips!
Nola (LNStampers)

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin