Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Story : How I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

My Story:

Have you ever wondered how or why someone picked the job that they did? I often do and thought it would be fun to share with all of you how and why I got involved with Stampin' Up! two years ago.

About January 2008, I purchased electronic die cutting machine after seeing an info commercial. I was an avid card maker and knew it was going to be load of fun (and it was). I made hand painted cards, but didn't do any stamping at all except for maybe a black ink dog paw for our dog on any cards we sent out. The dog was definitely part of the family so needed to sign cards too. LOL While I loved the machine, I had some major issues finding quality card stock and had read on a message board that so many only used Stampin' Up! card stock in their machines with great results. I was so tired of buying paper and having in rip or tear when it was cutting that I decided I needed to investigate it in more depth. (this was August 2008)

I remembered that a customer from another business I did had been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator so I set out to find her. I found her on-line, sent her a short note, and asked her contact me. She called me right away and then brought over lots of things for me to try. Even tho I only was interested in the paper, she brought me stamps, ink, and so much more to try. My first order from her was just paper. My husband had just been laid off from work 2 weeks before, so I was really watching every penny.

I started going thru the new catalog she had left me and found more and more products that looked interesting. I talked to my husband in great detail about the possibility of signing up as a demonstrator so that I could get the discount on my products that I wanted. We also agreed that I would have to sell things or earn the $ to buy the products I needed. So becoming a Demonstrator was win/win situation. In the beginning I was just going to do this as a hobby, never imagined doing it as a business. Plus I was just buying mostly paper, no stamps etc.

I signed up in August 2008. I immediately let all my friends and family know that I was a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and was amazed at how many scrapbookers and card makers there were. Soon I had a few customers and that helped me bring in some extra income each month too.

Fast Forward 2 years: I'm now teaching classes/workshops each month ... this month alone I have 4 set up. I was recently promoted to supervisor and have my own team. I'm actively working with others to join my team too. I'm truly seeing an income each month from my business and that is so wonderful in these economic times. It helps to get us thru plus gives me some extra money to buy my craft items too.

A bit of humor ... I'm now an avid stamper too. Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself stamping. It is so much fun. A year ago I started my own blog that is loaded with tutorials, photos, product reviews and inspiration

http://www.kreateskards.blogspot.com/

If you are looking for a way to earn extra money, share your passion of crafting with others, and to get your products from Stampin' Up! at a discount; joining Stampin' Up! is a great way to do this. If you currently have a demonstrator, by all means contact them. I would love to talk to any of you interested about joining my team or becoming one of my customers. I truly love what I do, and have so much to share.

E-mail me at marydirector at cox dot net or by clicking the "e-mail me link" at the top of the screen."

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

1 comment:

Jessica Ying said...

love your story! Just started following. Mine is www.yoyostamping.com

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin