Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Flamingo Made Using Two Step Bird Punch - Mini Tutorial

First, I would like to thank Ellen Kemper for her wonderfully creative idea of making a flamingo using the Two-Step Bird Punch. After seeing her photo, I had to make one myself. How could I not, I have a friend in New York (Lin) who is in desperate need of Flamingoes. Beside I wanted to know myself how this was done.

The photo above is the flamingo I made this afternoon using Concord Crush Card Stock as the background and Blushing Bride Card Stock for the Flamingo. I used the Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Black and Blushing Bride to accents the pieces and to add the eye of the flamingo in.

Mini Tutorial:

Punch out 3 sets of birds using the Two-Step Bird Punch.

Trim the outer sides leaves off the branches. 2 will become the legs, 1 will be the neck.

Trim off the beak using Paper Snips (Scissors). This will be the body of the Flamingo. The other two bodies are not used.

Using the Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker, accent one of the wings.
Using the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, fill in one of the wings to transform it as the beak.

Using two-way glue (it has a fine tip which really helps when working with the narrow pieces) adhere the legs to the card base.
Then adhere the neck, don't leave too much space as the body will go over this.

Using two-way glue, adhere the body then the accented wing piece.
Next glue on the head, then the beak.

Put in the flamingo's eye using the Stampin' Write Marker in Basic Black.

You can leave the card plain or add in a sentiment. Easy to do, and so cute!!!

Supply list:
Tow-Step Bird Extra-Large paper punch, item #117191
Paper Snips, item #103579 --- these are the BEST scissors ever
2-Way Glue Pen, item #100425
Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Black, item #100082
Stampin' Write Marker, Blushing Bride, sold in a set of all In-Colors, item #119801
Concord Crush 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, item #119792
Blushing Bride 8 1/2 x 11 card stock, item #119796

Hope you enjoyed the mini tutorial today and that you will try making a flamingo too.

If you need any Stampin' Up! products, please let me know (e-mail link is above) OR you can order on-line 24/7 thru my Stampin' Up! website by clicking here then click on Shop Now.

Mary
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

1 comment:

Lin Fields said...

Mary, I love it!!! I have to figure out when I'll have time to do something this cute though.. thanks!!!

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin