Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Faux Metal Look Christmas Card - 3rd post today

I got so excited about updating my blog, this posted a bit earlier than I planned. Rather than delete it I will leave here. Please realize there are 3 posts for today. So scroll down to see them all.

Isn't this gorgeous! I saw a card made with Faux Metal contact paper (yes, you read that right ... contact paper) on Sharon Field's site. She has embossed the card front with the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder.

Well, after finding the contact paper at our Lowe's I came home and had to try it. Here's the Big Shot products I used from Stampin' Up!:

Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, item #113439
Top Note BigZ Die, item #113463
Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Northern Flurry, item #120902

I will be doing a step-by-step tutorial very soon for this card as it will be taught at our October class that will feature two Christmas cards as our projects.

If you decide to try this card before I post my tutorial ... the Faux Metal Contact Paper is made by Duck. It is sticky on one side. Cut a piece the size you need and remove the backing. Place the Faux Metal piece on any color of card stock. Then run thru your Big Shot, cutting it into the shape/design/ or embossing pattern you want. Please do not use your paper punches to cut thru this. It is very thick and could permanently damage them. Paper punches are not made for more than a single layer of paper. However, your Big Shot cuts thru this easily.


Mary Director
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

2 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

I love your card. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

What a beautiful card and great idea to use the faux metal contact paper....thanks for sharing the idea (both of you!)

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin