Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Holiday Cards Part 2

One of my favorite stamp sets in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini is the Jolly Bingo Bits, item #120857 - wood OR item #121187 - clear mount. It has 24 darling approximately 1" image stamps. We even have a Bingo Card Stamp Set, item #120851 - wood only to go with it.

I wanted to see the images on cards too, not just for a Bingo game. I am very pleased with the results and the little penguins won my heart big time. My mom LOVED penguins, so when I see them they make me smile and think of her too.

Jumbo Stampin' Wheel, item #120864 was used for the base of this card. I added in the small characters from the Jolly Bingo Bits (item numbers above) using dimensionals, item #104430.


The other day I did a video showcasing how to do the sponge technique. These were the leftover scallop circles and the penguins looked perfect on them. The Merry Christmas stamp is from Bells & Boughs (Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini), item #120831 - wood OR #12142 - clear mount.

Here's more penguins (I told you I loved them ... LOL). The reindeer is a single stamp that can be purchased thru Stampin' Up!. It is called Dasher, item #116816 - wood mount only. I used my Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen, item #105021 to accent his antlers and to write out Merry Christmas.

NOTE: If you have the Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen, be sure to store it pen point down so that the ink flows to the tip when not in use. If a pen doesn't seem to be working, make little circles on card stock and normally the ink will start flowing again. My theory is that the ink may thicken at the tip and the motion of the circles heats the tip from friction and allows it to flow again. You will also find that if you apply less pressure when using, the ink will flow smoother.

Thank you for being a follower of my blog. On-line ordering 24/7 HERE

Mary Director
http://marydirector.stampinup.net
Stampin' Up! -- Discover Your Creativity
(On-line ordering now available thru my website)

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Cute cards!! I love the little penguin stamp..I really like the first card..Love the deer on the last card..love the touch of the white swirls..thanks for sharing

Hugs, Sheena

You May Also Like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin